Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Sether in the Morff #39

Here it is, folks.  The penultimate issue of SITM.  OH BOY!!

Cover Page

Wee!
This cover depicts Seth in a spacesuit on some sort of dumb EVA mission.  I thought I had established in earlier issues that Seth could survive in the vacuum of space with his wacky powers alone, but maybe I'm wrong?  Who knows?

Page 1

Exposition?
Seth is understandably skeptical about these League folks, but Clyde explains that they are some kind of 'intergalactic police.'  ...Sure?

Meanwhile, Radical Worm has the League on his threat radar.  He's a-gonna be pissed.

Page 2

I hate everything.
Captain John Elway (barf) gives a mission briefing.  The crowd of seated entities is one of my patented 'easter egg hunt' panels.  The MST3K gang can be seen, as can Sonic the Hedgehog, Dynamite Heady, Mr. & Mrs. Pacman and Pacman Jr., and... a penguin?  Also, I think that might be Mickey Mouse in the upper left.

Then, for no goddamn reason at all, I introduce a pointless robotic servant thing called 'Pipo.'  The idea of a servile robot that served you drinks was something I thought was really cool.  So when the robots finally rise up to cast us down, you can know I was part of the problem from day one, with my robot slave fantasies.  I no longer feel the need to justify any of this to you.  I no longer feel the need to justify anything.  I am transcended.  I am The Dragon.

Page 3

I LIKED DRINKS, OKAY?  FUCK.
Clyde helpfully explains what I just told you.  Then the PA system announces that the operation is about to begin.  Oh no!

Notice the sort of art upgrade in this issue?  I started coloring in peoples' bodies with colored pencil.  What's up with that?

Bonus Page

BLEED THROUGHHH
On the back of page 1 I found this weird pencil drawing, apparently fake commercial for 'Yahoo.'  I don't know what this is.  I think I might have meant 'Yoohoo,' that gnarly chocolate milk drink.  Or perhaps it was a reference to the cartoon 'Hey Arnold!' where I think they drank something called 'Yahoo.'  I don't know.  Apparently it's not size that counts, though.  What the fuck was I talking about?

Drink it in, folks.  The next update will be the final installment of OG SITM.

No comments:

Post a Comment