Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Sether in the Morff #30

Hellote again folkes.  Laits reed ma derp comickz:

Cover Page

Party Hats
Welcome to the '30th Ishue' (sic) of SITM.  There are several particularly embarrassing spelling errors in this episode; my various shame sphincters are already contracting in distress at the prospect of highlighting them for you in detail.  ENJOY MY PAIN!

Page 1

Meats?  Seriously?
We begin with a splash page, depicting the Brothers Three making their way back to Earth.  Check out those little reflectiony-doos on the cockpit glass!  Such technique!  I also like that I just gave up drawing one of those stars, which appears to just be an 'X' in the upper right corner.  Good job, past self!  You're really knocking it out of the park with this one.

Page 2

So... many... problems on this page...
Our heroes land on a devastated and depopulated Earth.  Look at those burnt husks of buildings!  Smoking ruin!  If it's like this throughout the globe, the human race may never fully recover, even if Seth manages to save them.  They should be dropping to their knees in horror, howling their loss to the uncaring skies.  But no, they're just like "So this is the place, huh?  I guess Radical's been here.  Derp de herp."

Suddenly, Seth is shot by a laser from off-panel.  The use of 'mate' at the end of the sentence implies an Australian accent, and there's only one Australian we're aware of...

Okay, this implies that Seth & Co. landed on Australia, for some reason.  Of all the land masses on planet Earth, they picked Australia.  Why?  What strategic significance could a depopulated Australian continent provide?  No, the laws of Narrative in my addled mind dictated that as soon as they landed on Earth, they would come into contact with the new gun-toting Aussie madman.  

Also, why does this Australian guy think Seth & friends are enemies?  They look human, right?  Or at least the same hairless yellow stick figure as he himself is, in a world of beige crayon people?

Page 3

Clyed? 
God dammit.  Shit.  I didn't know how to spell his name, okay?  I was close.  But the internet didn't exist back then, and I couldn't be bothered to look stuff up.  His name is supposed to be Klyde or Clyde.  Just... don't look at me.  DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Page 4

Gun violence = comedy!
I go for some weird laser visual gags here.  I like that Zach 'rolls up his sleeve.'  See, he doesn't wear sleeves, so when he rolls them up he just rolls up his skin, revealing a skeletal arm underneath.  I'm a funny guy, yeah?

Page 5

What was I on back then?  Mushrooms?
Clyde points a huge, grotesquely detailed and hairy accusatory finger at our heroes.  Seth and Jess then break out into song and dance, with fucking canes and spats.  What the hell was wrong with me?  Zach is the only one apparently immune to this bullshit.

Page 6

To be contenud?
Zach tries to talk some sense into Clyde, but he decides to shoot Zach off of a cliff instead.  I don't know how many cliffs exist in Australia, but I guess our heroes decided to land damn close to one.  Seemed like a good idea at the time, I'm sure.

Bonus Back Page

Dat marker bleed through.
On the back of the last page is a half-completed drawing of Clyde.  I guess I gave up on this image for some reason?

Clyde was supposed to be the 'Knuckles the Echidna' to Seth's 'Sonic the Hedgehog.'  An initially hostile, yet badass character that the audience was supposed to wonder how long it would be until they joined forces with the main heroes.  Something about that dichotomy appealed to me.  Instead of a red echidna with spiked hands, I went for an Australian Punisher knockoff instead, like you do in these sorts of situations.

*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment